You don’t have to log in to Lantern to start a new class discussion or contribute to a conversation. Lantern makes it easy to both create and comment on discussions via email.
Starting a discussion through email
1. Send an email to: [email protected] You need to send the message from the same email address you use to sign in to Lantern. Teachers, assistants, and admins can change the email address you send to by clicking on the Learn how to start a discussion through email link on the discussions page.
2. The subject of the email will become the title of your discussion, and the body will be the same in Lantern as well. Email attachments aren’t supported yet.</p>
3. Once you send the email, your message will be posted to the discussion section of your class. This may take a few minutes depending on the speed of your email app, internet connection, and mail server.
4. An email notification will be sent to everyone in your class.
Commenting on a discussion through email
1. When you are notified of a new discussion topic or comment, it will appear in your email inbox. At the top of the email you will **reply above this line**.
2. Click reply and send your desired message
3. Your discussion comment will show up on Lantern.